ABOUT ROBERT SUNG
Robert is from Vancouver BC, and is third-generation Chinese Canadian. His culinary background comes from his Family’s 70-year involvement in the food & hospitality industry in British Columbia.
He attended the University of Hawaii majoring in Business Administration, and attended the Dubrulle Culinary Institute majoring in Professional Culinary Training. After several years of cooking, Robert returned to Dubrulle to assume the role of the Institute’s Registrar. Here,the focus of teaching culinary ethnic trends became the basis for the development of the culinary & cultural walking tours.
Robert is the owner of Robert Sung Tours, His company offers the tours “A Wok Around Chinatown” and “A Wok Around Granville Island”; highlighting the culinary & cultural elements of these two colorful & historic districts in the City of Vancouver BC, Canada.
He is a board member of the Chinese-Canadian Historical Society of BC and a current member of the Vancouver Chinatown Revitalization Committee.
Robert has conducted these Group Tours:
- International Conference of Judges
- Governor General's Leadership Conference
- University of Gastronomic Sciences of Bra, Italy
- University of Washington
- Brigham Young University
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- The Canadian National Chefs Federation
- The Art Institute of Atlanta, GA (Culinary Program)
- The Art Institute of Seattle, WA (Culinary Program)
- Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
- Northwest Culinary Academy of Vancouver
- Surrey School Board Culinary Program
- Vancouver School Board Culinary Program
- Vancouver Inner City School Program
Robert has been featured on:
- NBC's Today Show
- The Canadian Tourism Commission
- National Geographic's The Travel Channel
- The Discovery Channel
- Global TV Network
- Telus TV